Green Plus™ is a non-profit program of the Institute for Sustainable Development (ISD) designed to empower small enterprises, both business and non-profits, to improve their organizational performance related to the triple bottom line – their economic performance, employees and the community, and the environment. The Green Plus™ Diagnostic Tool is an online survey providing an organization’s management team with a snapshot of current performance in these areas as well as a path forward for innovating and improving sustainable practices.
Participants in the Green Plus™ program join a movement of smaller enterprises actively investing in the present and future prosperity of their communities. The mission of the Institute for Sustainable Development is to democratize triple bottom line sustainability by making it accessible to smaller employers and their communities, fostering a new generation of sustainability leaders, and developing a common understanding of sustainability principles across cultures.
Please carefully review the terms and conditions of this site, as your use of the site and diagnostic tool will indicate your acceptance of these terms. Do not use the site if you do not agree to be bound by these terms. We may periodically modify, alter, amend, or update the terms, so please check them from time to time as your continued use of the site signifies your acceptance of any changed items.
Copyright & Trademark
Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this site are protected as the copyrights, logos, trade dress, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by ISD. All rights not expressly granted are reserved. Please consult the Trademark & Logo Use Policy for additional information about trademark and logo use.
Subscription/Green Plus™ Participant
In order to access certain parts of the Green Plus™ Website, you will be required to subscribe for our services and create a Green Plus™ account, thereby becoming a Green Plus™ Participant (a “Participant”). As a Participant you acknowledge and agree:
Compliance with U.S., State and Local Laws
- your organization is in compliance with U.S., state and local laws, in its operations both domestically and internationally. Organizations not in compliance with U.S., state and local laws will be removed from the program.
Accurate and Factually Correct Information
- you will provide accurate and complete information when creating your account and when completing your assessment and making any updates to your organization’s account (including updating the initiatives you have completed).
Agreement to Submit to an Audit
- as part of our efforts to ensure compliance with our services and the accuracy of information provided to us, you may be subject to a random audit/site visit (upon reasonable notice) both to verify that your organization qualifies for certification and after certification to audit your ongoing performance. A minimum of 15% of organizations qualifying for Green Plus™ certification will be selected for an audit. An audit may take two to six hours.
- to earn the designation Green Plus™ Mover, a minimum score of 40% is needed as of August 1, 2010. All organizations completing the diagnostic exam prior to that date earn the Mover designation.
- to qualify for Green Plus™ certification, you must achieve an overall score of 80% or higher and at least 70% in each category of People, Planet and Performance. Note that achieving a passing score does not guarantee certification. Your organization must also demonstrate the following: 1) communication of sustainability practices to its stakeholders, such as customers and suppliers, 2) employee involvement in sustainability (i.e. incorporate sustainability in to the business culture), and 3) mission, vision and/or values must include a commitment to sustainability. The decision to certify is at the sole discretion of ISD.
Fees & Duration of Service
- the amount of your annual subscription is as provided on the “Pricing & Registration” page of the Website.
- we reserve the right to modify the annual subscription amount at our discretion.
- Green Plus™ lasts for a one year term with automatic one year renewals unless a party notifies the other of its intent to terminate or cancel the subscription within 30 days of the expiration of any such one-year term (at the end of any one-year term, please note that the credit card we have on file for you may be billed for the following year’s annual subscription amount). Green Plus Certification lasts for two years; at the end of the two years with a yearly renewal fee; diagnostic tool responses must be updated and verification is required for re-certification after two years.
- you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs on your Green Plus™ account and you must keep your login information secure.
Use of Website
- you will not promote any U.S., state, or local illegal activities, or any content that is itself illegal in any way, such as fraudulent advertising.
- you will not post, distribute, upload, transmit, or otherwise make available or engage in “junk mail,” “chain letters, unsolicited mass mailing or advertising emailing (“spamming”) as those terms are commonly understood on the Internet.
- you will hold us harmless from any and all claims or suits (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees and expenses) that arise out of your breach of these Terms & Conditions of Use.
You are subject to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and we reserve the right to discontinue and/or revoke your Green Plus™ Participation as a result of (1) your breach of any of the foregoing, (2) your insolvency, bankruptcy, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, (3) your non-compliance with U.S., state and local laws, and (4) an audit that demonstrates you have provided inaccurate or incorrect information regarding the initiatives that have been completed and complied with.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, please notify us immediately of unauthorized use of your Green Plus™ account by emailing us at email@example.com.
Some links on the site will allow you to connect with sites that are not under our control. Green Plus™ providing these links as a convenience. The appearance of a link does not imply Green Plus™ endorsement, nor is Green Plus™ responsible for the contents of any linked site. You access external content at your own risk.
Privacy & Security
Green Plus™ does not guarantee that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that this site or its server will be free of viruses or other harmful components, although ISD will make every effort to ensure that down time and any other Website issues will be avoided.
Last updated: July 1, 2010