Nominee Rules for Smaller Enterprises
- Any smaller enterprise (an organization of under 500 employees) in the United States or Canada may be nominated for a Green Plus North American Sustainable Enterprise Award
- Nominee organizations may be from the private, non-profit or public sector as long as they fit the award size criteria (under 500 employees)
- There is no fee to be nominated
- There is no required membership in any organization to be nominated
- Winners of juried Green Plus North American Sustainable Enterprise Awards may not win a juried award two years in a row
- Nominees may not be related to or have an existing business relationship with staff or board members of the Institute for Sustainable Development
Green Plus is not only a “green” (environmental) program – it is an effort to encourage a balanced approach to community engagement, environmental stewardship and good business management generally. Through Green Plus, the Institute strives to help smaller enterprises learn from one another as well as from experts and specifically seeks to celebrate enterprises that are trailblazers — innovating sustainable practices that one might not associate with a given business sector. (Click here to learn about the 2010 Green Plus NASE winners).
The 2010 Green Plus NASE categories included the
- NC Research Triangle Park Green Plus Sustainabile Enterprise of the Year
- Wells Fargo Green Plus Small Business of the Year
- Green Plus Medium Sized Business of the Year
- Green Plus Non-Profit of the Year
- Green Plus Sole Proprietor of the Year
In addition, the Institute recognized three chambers of commerce for their leadership in promoting sustainable economies in their regions.