Green Plus recognized the 2014 Sustainable Enterprise Award Winners Sunday, Nov. 9, at Mez Contemporary Mexican Restaurant — the first business ever to earn full Green Plus Certification.
Mez provided us with a delicious brunch and the space for everyone to mingle and connect.
Check out some great photos from the awards here!
You can find the list of all of the award winners below, and a full description of each recipient at Green Plus’s Award Winners announcement.
2014 Sustainable Enterprise Award Recipients
- Green Plus Sustainable Enterprise of the Year – Cocoa Cinnamon
- Green Plus Medium-sized Business of the Year – Bob Barker Company
- Green Plus Small Business of the Year – Rasa Spa
- Green Plus Sole Proprietor/Home-Based Business of the Year – Food FWD
- Green Plus Non-Profit of the Year – N.C. Center for Nonprofits
- Green Plus For-Benefit/Social Enterprise of the Year – Southern Energy Management
- Green Plus Innovator of the Year – Bull City Forward
- Green Plus Champion – Chris Carmody
Thank you also to all of our award sponsors, including:
- Chapel Hill Restaurant Group – Event Sponsor
- Mez Contemporary Mexican Restaurant – Event Sponsor
- Exhibit Resources
- Bob Barker Company
Thanks to everyone who supported us and helped us put on a great event! We’re already looking forward to next year!
About Green Plus
Green Plus is a North Carolina-based partnership of universities, chambers of commerce, and business leaders. Its mission is to assist small and medium-sized employers and their communities become more competitive by being more sustainable, and to cultivate a new generation of leaders in the sustainability field.
Green Plus’s key programs are
- The nationally recognized, third-party Green Plus Certification program, which has nearly 400 business and nonprofit participants in 18 states.
- Green Plus Fellowships and internship programs, which give graduate and undergraduate students hands-on experience in the issues of sustainability with real businesses.
- Business consulting and education opportunities, which allows Green Plus members to connect one-on-one with sustainability and business experts, as well as receive educational resources about triple bottom line topics.