The deadline for the 2014 Sustainable Enterprise Awards nominations has been extended one week.
The new deadline for nominations is now Midnight on Oct. 8, 2014.
Nomination forms can be found here. You can nominate yourself, or your favorite triple bottom line business.
As a reminder, award categories include:
- Green Plus Sustainable Enterprise of the Year (any size)
- Green Plus Medium-Sized Employer (51–500 employees)
- Green Plus Sustainable Small Business of the Year (fewer than 50 employees)
- Green Plus Sole Proprietor / Home Based Business of the Year (1-2 employee/owners)
- Green Plus Nonprofit
- For – Benefit Corporation / Social Enterprise of the Year
- Green Plus Sustainability Innovator of the Year – an entrepreneur, scientist, or company who has developed a game-changing sustainability tool (any size)
The Green Plus Sustainable Enterprise Awards are not only about ‘green’ (environmental) programs — they are an effort to recognize and encourage a balanced approach to community engagement, environmental stewardship, and good business management generally. We seek to promote traditional organizations engaging in extraordinary practices while raising awareness around the importance of sustainability in their communities.
-Any smaller enterprise (an organization of under 500 employees) in the United States or Canada may be nominated for a Green Plus Sustainable Enterprise Award.
-There is no fee to be nominated.
-There is no required membership in any organization to be nominated.
-Winners of juried Green Plus Sustainable Enterprise Awards may not win a juried award two years in a row.
-Nominees may not be related to or have an existing business relationship with staff or board members of the Institute for Sustainable Development
The awards will take place Nov. 9 at Mez Contemporary Mexican Restaurant in Durham, NC. It will be preceded by a brunch.
Thank you to everyone who has submitted nominations so far! We’ve gotten some great submissions, and look forward to reviewing everyone’s applications. We will contact award recipients starting Oct. 15.