Would you like to play a role in making American more prosperous, healthier, and more sustainable? Do you love meeting many and working with many kinds of new people on a daily basis? Does the idea of helping our country’s small businesses reach the cutting edge of triple bottom line sustainability?
The Institute for Sustainable Development is seeking a Community Coordinator for its Green Plus program. The Green Plus Community Coordinator will an important day-to-day face to our community, and play a vital role in connecting, invigorating, and celebrating the efforts of the Green Plus community across twelve states.
The ideal candidate
- Is a ‘people person’ — loves meeting and working with many different kinds of people
- Has a passion for – and some background in — triple bottom line sustainability — and a strong interest in learning more
- Has superlative writing and communication skills
- Is highly organized
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
- Two to three years of work experience
- Basic facility with WordPress, Excel, and databases (some training available)
- Management of individuals and small groups (graduate and undergraduate students)
- Experience in small scale event planning
- Some proficiency (and willingness to learn) basic design programs a plus
Roles and Responsibilities
- Connecting: Developing a relationship with all Green Plus participants; connecting them with expertise and business-to-business opportunities in the Green Plus network
- Communicating & Story Telling: Producing written and multi-media features on Green Plus members and sustainability issues of interest to smaller enterprises and their communities, as well as occasional newsletters, press releases, reports and the like
- Convening: Organizing educational and networking events around the country for Green Plus members
- Assessing: Working with Green Plus participants to document their progress in triple bottom line improvements as they work toward Green Plus Certification
- Engaging: Recruit, train, and manage Green Plus Fellows and graduate assistants to perform client outreach, evaluation, and other functions
Location: The Institute for Sustainable Development is located in Durham, North Carolina.
Travel: Limited travel required outside the NC Research Triangle region — perhaps ten days a year.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; health plan and retirement match included.
The Institute for Sustainable Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Your resume or CV
- A writing sample (or sample of audio or video based story telling you have produced)
- And contact information for three references to email@example.com no later than 5pm EST, Friday, June 24, 2011.
The Institute for Sustainable Development / Green Plus