Institute Opens Durham, N.C. Office at the John O’Daniel Exchange

By: | Posted in: GP Staff News, Green Plus News, Press | (2 Comments)

The Institute for Sustainable Development has established a new office in Durham at the John O’Daniel Exchange.

“We’re thrilled to have a presence at the Exchange,” said Chris Carmody, Director of the Institute. “The Green Plus program has a special commitment to helping all people benefit from triple bottom line sustainability principles and practice. Being at the Exchange helps us further our mission and makes us a greener office at the same time,” Carmody concluded. The Exchange is walkable or bikeable for all current Institute staffers.

The history of the Exchange (801 Gilbert Street) and its immediate neighborhood is one of thriving commercial, industrial, and agricultural activity. After its heyday as a mill and then a farmers’ exchange, the site has had little commercial activity since the 1980s. Lewis & Clark Developers chose 801 Gilbert to be a business center to see strong neighborhood commercial activity restored in the form of businesses owned and operated by those within the community. The Cleveland-Holloway District is experiencing the benefits of this revitalization both commercially and residentially.

Other organizations housed at the Exchange include:

We educate, motivate, and recognize smaller enterprises for their efforts towards becoming more sustainable. We’re here to offer tangible, practical tips and expertise in sustainability.
Read More About
This entry was posted in GP Staff News, Green Plus News, Press and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /homepages/2/d283115547/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273