It has been an incredibly busy summer for us at Green Plus. Since Memorial Day (the official start for summer in our book), we welcomed 21 new members, and 11 newly Certified businesses. We also welcomed businesses that operate in states where Green Plus previously had no presence, including Iowa, Wisconsin, California, Washington, Nevada, New Mexico, Alabama, and Texas.
Most of our new members came from the food distribution membership group PRO*ACT. Earlier this year, PRO*ACT and Green Plus partnered together to certify its members by the end of 2015. So far this year, we have welcomed 21 new Green Plus members from PRO*ACT alone, ten of which have earned Certification.
A couple newly Certified organizations have been working with Green Plus for a long time to earn Certification, and really taken the time to ensure their sustainability efforts are having a positive impact on their organizations.
Below are all of our members who have earned Certification since the beginning of the summer, some of which you might recognize from their individual announcements through our Facebook and Twitter feeds. Please take the time to check out all the great work they do to take care of their communities and be a more sustainable business!
- Ole Tyme Produce – St. Louis, MO
- Park Foundation – Ithaca, NY
- Pocono ProFoods – Stroudsburg, PA
- Piazza Produce – Indianapolis, IN
- Loffredo Fresh Produce – Des Moines, IA
- General Produce – Sacramento, CA
- Finger Puppets Inc. – Palm Desert, CA
- Premier ProduceOne – Dayton, OH
- Alex Kontos Fruit Company/Flavor-Pic Tomato Company – West Birmingham, AL
- Foster-Caviness – Greensboro, NC
- Family Tree Produce – Anaheim, CA
Congratulations to all these great businesses! We’re so glad you’re part of the Green Plus Certified family!