Information We Collect
When you register for Green Plus™, subscribe to our mailing list, or participate in an online survey, the Institute for Sustainable Development (ISD) may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card information, information about your organization’s sustainable practices, and information verifying your organization’s sustainable practices. You may, however, visit the Green Plus™ site anonymously.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- The personal information we collect allows us to operate the Green Plus™ program, fulfilling the services requested. It also allows us to update you about the latest Green Plus™ announcements, news, content, and product updates. If you do not wish to be on our mailing list, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of newsletter emails or by contacting us.
- We also use your personal information to improve our products and services.
- We may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases or changes to our policies. In cases such as these, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use your personal information for internal purposes, such as audits, data analysis, and research in order to improve Green Plus™ services.
- We may use your personal information in aggregated form for the purpose of academic research.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- We may collect information such as language, zip code, and other simple demographic information in order to better understand our customers and site visitors and to improve our services. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifiable.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes. This does not include strategic partners who assist us in operating our website or the Green Plus™ program, as long as those partners agree to keep your information confidential. We may release your information if it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect our rights or the rights of others.
Protection of Personal Information
- ISD takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at http://www.gogreenplus.org/wp/wp-login.php
If you have any trouble logging in to your account, please contact us.
Last updated: July 1, 2010